Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Process...

The moving process is in full swing. I used to be able to pride myself on the fact that all my belongings fit inside a car, that everything else was excess and should be thrown away. Well this go around, I feel like I finally hit that age that got me thinking about all it takes to actually live in a home alone. It takes kitchen stuff, furniture, decorations, and on and on and on. No more borrowing my roommates this or that, at least for now. So about 15 boxes shipped and two car fulls later, I think I will manage to get most of it home.

Packing is a strange experience, and believe me I would know. In my time on staff alone I have moved five times, once to California, three times while living here, and once back to Colorado. The act of going through your stuff brings up a lot of memories, some good, some funny, some painful. This time it was a little painful, mostly notes and pictures from a past relationship that I needed to discard, but this time I experienced a new packing emotion: awe.

Awe. Such a small word that packs a big punch. My awe came in the form of reflection over the things that God has done in me and taught me in this place. Awe, that so many of you have been a part of this journey with me. Awe, that I am walking away knowing my Creator in a way that I never knew I could before I came. It's funny to think that all of this came while I was packing.

Two weeks from today I will begin my journey back to Colorado. With this transition comes a lot of unknowns. So I would like to ask for your prayers. The most pressing things are that I would be able to get on the volunteer EMT Reserves and then quickly after, get hired on as an EMT. In the meantime I am applying for paying jobs at various hospitals in the area in whatever capacity I am qualified for. I am also taking three classes that not only count as prerequisites for paramedic school, but are also useful in helping me get a job as an EMT. But the kicker is that I won't be an in-state student for a year, so I am having to pay out-of-state tuition. So I would really appreciate your prayers for provision in both a job and finances to help me cover school. I also want to be able to find a tight knit community to be a part of. I think YWAM is one of the most unique community settings ever, and will be really difficult to leave and adjust to living outside of that community. It's challenging but good to rest in the fact that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever and desires to be my provider, if I only let Him.

Also I just wanted to say, that you guys are special to me. Really and truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment