Monday, July 30, 2012

Life, in a new season, in a new place, in different circumstances...it's definitely not been the easiest of transitions. I apologize if this is brief, one of these days I plan on writing more about the emotional side of things and how the transition is treating me, but as for now, here is the backbone of what is going on in my life.

I have been back in Fort Collins for almost three months, those three months seem like years, as so much has changed and developed week-to-week. It became apparent to me that the medical field in Northern Colorado is one of the most competitive in the nation. That is both good and bad. Good,  because we have some of the nation's most excellent hospitals and healthcare providers, bad, because the jobs in the field are highly sought after and therefore you must be at the top of your game. So, I began looking for any work that would help me financially until something better came along.

I landed a job at an Aveda salon in Loveland working at the front desk. My job consists of answering phones, scheduling appointments, and checking customers in an out, as well as selling products. I took the job excited about the possibilities of building relationships with those that worked there. God has opened up several doors already for me to share about Him and the experiences I have had overseas and with YWAM. Although it is about the farthest thing away from a medical career, I know that God has been using me there, and I am grateful for that.

I also interviewed and tested for the EMT Reserves, which is Poudre Valley Health Systems volunteer EMT program. I was accepted into the program and just completed my orientation today and will be able to begin to do ambulance ride alongs and events starting next week. Poudre Valley and MCR hospitals really only ever hire out of this pool of reserves, so the more volunteer time I put in, the more I will be able to move up in the ranks and hopefully get offered a position sometime in the near future. I would love your prayers regarding this, as it is extremely competitive.

As far as school goes, I am taking three summer classes in preparation for Paramedic school. They are medical terminology, IV therapy, and EKG Interpretation. They have been awesome and I really love being back in school and learning more skills to add to my tool belt.

So there you have it, a very brief catch up on my life. I will hopefully be able to write another blog in the next week or two, going more in depth on how the transition is going. I do however want to say a HUGE thank you to those of you that have supported me in this transition period, I cannot even begin to explain what a blessing that was. It really relieved a lot of financial stress and uncertainty as I looked for work these past few months. And to those of you that are continuing on in support of future RescueNet deployments, I am also so grateful. Also, for those of you that have been praying, how I value those prayers. I know God's hand has been at work through so many things these past few months. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being a part of this journey with me. I never saw it as a one man show, but as the body of Christ moving together in a powerful way to impact people's hearts. Each of you are beloved members of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment