Monday, April 18, 2011

Moments of Forgiveness & Repentance

I am sitting in the YWAM base is San Francisco eagerly awaiting the arrival of the team of students. It is a typical rainy San Francisco day outside and I am reminded of God's goodness and peace in the midst of the chaos that surrounds the bases front door. As I have explained in posts past, the base here sits right in what is known as the Tenderloin district. For those of you that are familiar with this city, I am sure you can picture what I am talking about! To give the others a visual, you may see someone snorting cocaine off the ground, someone using a newspaper stand as a restroom and someone screaming obscenities at the top of their lungs all before the front door of the base has closed behind you. To say the least it is a very spiritually intense atmosphere. All of which leaves a dark sort of oppression hanging in the air.

Now I may be a little off kilter, but I find this an extremely incredible place to bring a group of young people. Talk about an eye opening experience to the realities of our world and how desperately the love of Christ needs to be brought to the broken. My goal is that these students leave with a deep desire to love the brokenhearted.

Would you be praying for us this week? We will be talking about the heavy topics of human trafficking as well as homeless ministry and we need lots of discernment and direction from God as to the hearts of each and every student.

Quickly, in other news, I just got back from Flat Rock, North Carolina where all of the North American YWAM bases gathered for a conference. It was an incredible time of reconnecting with old friends and making some new friends at various bases. We had two incredible speakers that really challenged me in many areas of my own walk with God as well as what it means to be in leadership.

I walked away feeling like forgiveness and repentance were huge themes that God was challenging me in. I want to share more about this with you and plan on doing so next week when I am back home from this outreach.

Finally, as many of you know I have the opportunity to go to Guatemala with Timberline Church in Colorado in a few weeks. This is a medical outreach that focuses on optometry, dental, and general healthcare. I have been so gracious allowed to not only be hands on with the outreach but also to "shadow" the doctors so that I can gain a better perspective of what it takes to facilitate a medical team overseas. As I have dreams of Project Sixty-One being able to lead medical outreaches in the future, I feel that this will be an incredible learning experience for me!

On a financial note, thanks to many of you, I have raised all of my finances for the Guatemala trip except $500. I am also in need of raising another $2750 for my EMT school that is quickly approaching!

If you would like to help support me in this way, I have put the directions below:

(All donations are tax deductible)

Online:
1. Go to www.ywampismobeach.org/donate.html
2. Click on the "Donate Now" button
3. Follow the directions & under "Specify Donation" put my name (Jacque Gowing) & what you would like your donation to go towards (ie. Guatemala Outreach or EMT School)

Check:
1. Make your check payable to YWAM Pismo Beach
2. Leave the memo line blank to receive a tax deduction
3. Attach a sticky note to your check saying "Jacque Gowing" and the area you want your money designated (is. Guatemala Outreach or EMT School)
4. Mail your check to:
YWAM Pismo Beach
791 Price St. #119
Pismo Beach, CA. 93449

Thank You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment