Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Hello From the Great White North,

I am sitting in Tyler's family's home in Minnesota. We are all cozied up inside while the waves of Lake Superior splash up on the shore. It sure is beautiful here and I feel blessed to have been able to spend Christmas with both Tyler and I's families.

I feel the need to apologize for not writing an update in a couple of months, it has been a crazy time of moving, selling my car, buying a new car, my car getting hit, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, traveling, and family in between. So all that to say you may want to grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable cause you may be here for awhile!

As many of you know, this past October Tyler and I headed up to San Francisco for a YWAM disaster relief training school called RescueNet. This is a first responder YWAM team that is trained in medical, search and rescue, fire suppression, and trauma counseling. RescueNet is usually on the ground within 24-48 hours after a major scale disaster hits.

There are three steps to become certified under RescueNet. The first is that you must take the training school and pass. Tyler and I spent two weeks in San Fran participating in this course, learning all of the above topics and doing lots of scenarios to practice our new skills! We both passed the course taking us to step number two which is helping to teach the same course. We will be completing this step of our certification in October of 2011 in Salem, Oregon. The third step is to go on a deployment with the other certified RescueNet members. If I complete all of those things to the proper satisfaction then I will become certified under RescueNet and will be able to be a first responder on any disaster that RescueNet goes to. Participating in RescueNet will not replace my existing commitment with YWAM Pismo Beach but will be in addition to me being on staff there.

I was blessed with a new, to me, car thanks to my Grandma in November. My Dad helped me by purchasing the new car in Colorado. So I came out during my Thanksgiving break to bring my car home. While I was here, the car was hit in a parking lot when no one was around to see who was responsible. So I had to pay for a new bumper and rear quarter panel to fix it, luckily my Dad is quite the handyman and did all of the work himself, it turned out beautifully. Thanks Dad! I am driving the new car home in a few days, please be praying for good weather, safe driving, and no car problems as I drive home.

There are many things in store for the coming year and I am very excited to see all that God has in store! We have had quite a few teams interested in doing a Project Sixty-One outreach with us this coming summer. We also have had two teams sign up for April outreaches, one youth group wanting to do a San Francisco outreach, and the other, a church wanting to build a duplex in Haiti near Easter.

I will also be busy this year heading up the administration and fundraising and advertising departments for our base. I am responsible for buying all of our office supplies and decorating our office. I am also responsible for helping think up our base fundraising and advertising events for the year and then seeing them through.

I am also working on support raising these next few months, I have lost quite a few supporters this year due to the economy and other various circumstances. Please be praying that the Lord would provide for me in this area.

Wow! That was a lot of information in one go! Hopefully it all makes sense, but I would love to hear from each of you if you have any prayer requests or updates on your life. Talk to you again soon!

Love,

Jacque

No comments:

Post a Comment