Friday, October 7, 2011

RescueNet Course

I am sitting at the YWAM base in the beautiful state of Oregon. It is my first time to Oregon and I am loving the chilly rainy weather! I know, I know most of you probably think I'm crazy, but October is Pismo's warmest month. I feel like since living there, I have not experienced a true fall season in awhile, so I am soaking it up.

I am here in Oregon because RescueNet is running their yearly training course. This is, in fact, the same course that I did last October in San Francisco. The difference this time is that I am now a staff member, meaning that I am involved in helping teach, run scenarios, and love on the new students that have come with ready and willing minds to learn. As you know, this also is the second phase of my certification process, meaning that after this I can officially deploy with the team.

I am really excited for this course because it combines all of my passions into one. The love of medical mix with the love of God and the love of the community that comes out of the team setting. It really makes me come alive.

You may remember from my last post, that I was asked to teach the medical aspect of the course. This is two solid days of teaching and labs. I know my family would say that listening to me talk for 10 hours a day is like nails on a chalkboard, so I would love your prayers over my time here. This is the first time I have ever taught on this subject, and also the first time I have ever spoken about anything for this length of time. I am feeling the weight and responsibility of my role, and am beginning to get anxious as my teaching days approach. Not to mention, most of the course participants are older and have more training than me. But then I was reminded that God loves using the under qualified and the weak. I want that truth to wash over me, to sink into my very core. Because who am I apart from God anyway?

I would love your prayers over the coming two weeks as the course begins on Sunday and goes for two weeks. My teaching days are on Wednesday October 12 & Thursday October 13 basically all day, so I would really appreciate your prayers specifically then. Also just for protection against sickness, injuries, equipment breaking, or division amongst the team. Your prayers really do make a difference and I am so grateful for them, so thank you in advance!

If more specific things come up I will update you throughout the course, if not, I will send out an update as soon as I return home at the end of the month. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment