Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Latin American Adventure

From Pismo Beach to North Carolina to San Francisco to Las Vegas to Colorado to Los Amates, Guatemala. This has been my life for the past month and half, and frankly I can't complain one bit! So often I marvel at God's ability to set things up in a specific sequence, but He's God so I guess I should pick my jaw up off the floor.

I have been living out of a suitcase during this season which is kind of fun, the down side being that bags often get lost in the airport or you open up your bag to find your shampoo has poured all over your entire wardrobe for that week. But that's unimportant, what is important is the heart stuff. After the news I shared with you a few blogs back, God has been refining me. Believe me I have a long way to go, but I am learning more about the human condition, emotions, and relationships than I ever really wanted to. But because God is good, He has told me more than once lately, that it's all for a purpose. He is shaping me to be a solid friend to others that walk through the same heartache, and He is developing my character past my selfish, lazy, and prideful self. So the times that I come up for air in between these conferences and outreaches, I am reminded that I am not the driver and His plans for my life are pretty incredible.

I was blessed to be able to spend a week with my RescueNet family at our North American headquarters in Las Vegas. We had a good sized handful of us come from all over the US to join together in prayer and learning. It was a blast and a good time to get to know some people that I hadn't had a chance to before. I walked away knowing that God is using RescueNet not only in the YWAM community, but also in the professional disaster response community, which is a pretty incredible thing. I left Vegas with a renewed passion for RescueNet and an excitement for my next phase of certification which is helping staff the same training course I took last October. I will keep you posted on that as it is later this year in Salem, Oregon.

As many of you know, my next adventure happens tomorrow morning when I take off with members from Timberline Church, in Colorado, to go to Las Amates, Guatemala. I have had a chance to get to know these people over the past few days that I have been in Colorado and they are pretty incredible. We will be setting up a clinic in this village for the week where we will offer optic, dental, and triage. Not only will this be my first ever medically focused outreach, but part of the reason I am going is to learn how to set up, run, and lead this kind of outreach so that I can pursue medical missions with teams in the future with Project Sixty-One. I know God has some amazing things in store for this time and I am unbelievably excited to see Him blow me away!

I wanted to ask you all to be praying for me and the team while we are there. Please be praying for health, safety, good communication and bonding, a genuine love for the people of Guatemala, and that we would be a blessing to the community, bringing the love of Christ to the brokenhearted. I also have been asked to lead worship daily for the team and frankly I am terrified. My guitar playing isn't the most amazing thing at the moment, so please pray that God and the team would give me lots of grace and courage!

As soon as I get back I will write an update with stories and pictures, so stay posted for that!

Finally, I wanted to give you guys an update on the status of my EMT school. The finances have come in for the school portion, which includes all my equipment, books, tuition, etc. I am still in need of raising $500 to pay for my lodging which will be at the YWAM San Fran base. By staying there I save a ton of money. If you would like to donate towards this please follow the directions below. And I wanted to say a huge thanks to those of you that have given above what you normally give monthly and those of you that have given a special gift. It means so much to have your support and to know that you partnering with me in these things. The school is quickly approaching, I leave for San Fran on June 20th, so please be praying that I can continue to gain ground in studying the material before I go!

I gotta get running but I love you all and am so thankful to have you be a part of my life, even if you just read my crazy blogs! I consider that an investment in what I am doing, so thanks!

(All donations are tax deductible)

Online:
1. Go to www.ywampismobeach.org/donate.html
2. Click on the "Donate Now" button
3. Follow the directions & under "Specify Donation" put my name (Jacque Gowing) & what you would like your donation to go towards (ie. Guatemala Outreach or EMT School)

Check:
1. Make your check payable to YWAM Pismo Beach
2. Leave the memo line blank to receive a tax deduction
3. Attach a sticky note to your check saying "Jacque Gowing" and the area you want your money designated (is. Guatemala Outreach or EMT School)
4. Mail your check to:
YWAM Pismo Beach
791 Price St. #119
Pismo Beach, CA. 93449

No comments:

Post a Comment