Saturday, July 24, 2010

Prayer Request

Hello Dear Friends,

I wanted to take a brief moment and update you on some recent news that has been very difficult for me. So please bear with me as this may come out rather jumbled. Before I begin I wanted to let you know the reason why I am choosing to share this with you is because I consider you guys to be like my family. I share a lot with you because you are important to me and so I want you to be a part of all aspects of my life.

About a week ago Tyler and I broke up. I wanted to share briefly with you the reasons behind this decision so that you can be lifting both of us up in prayer. God had been speaking to Tyler about our relationship and how we were relying on each other heavily for things like comfort, healing, acceptance, basically all the things that we should be seeking God to fulfill. We were replacing God with each other. Although God was speaking these things to him specifically I was also having some red flags come up. I began to realize the pressure we were putting on each other to fix some of the past struggles both of us have faced. Both of us ignored these things hoping that we could work through them and move on with our relationship. But God continued to lay them on Tyler's heart. He came to me about a week ago and shared them with me feeling like God was asking us to set our relationship aside and focus hard on Him letting Him be the one to fulfill our hearts and heal our hurts. This was an extremely hard decision and has been painfully difficult for both of us. But we are choosing to trust that God is good and knows what is best for us. He has our futures, hopes, and dreams in mind and although we don't know what the future holds, He does. So we are trusting in Him for our futures and are willing to do whatever he asks of us.

As far as Project Sixty-One goes, I believe for now that we both feel like it is the ministry God has called both of us to. Therefore we will continue to work together as friends until we feel God calls one or both of us on to something different. If you could be praying that this transition in our relationship goes smoothly and that we are able to truly seek God with all of our hearts during this season I would really appreciate it.

I am always amazed how even in the hardest moments of life I still feel the strength of God's presence. He truly is deeply in love with us, even in our tremendous imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment