Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Transitions.....Not Always a Walk in the Park

I believe we are called to missions, whether that means we work a 9 to 5 desk job or whether we are living in a straw hut in Africa; we are called. Missions often gets put into a box, in which people think it equals giving up your house and your "life" and moving overseas and learning a new language and set of cultural living standards. But I think think that when Christ called us to, "go and make disciples of all nations," He didn't exclude the nation that we are from. We are called to be missional in all aspects of our life, wherever He has called us to be. And let me tell you that is challenging.

Being on both sides of the spectrum now, I am beginning to see some differences. When you are supported and paid to do ministry full time, it's easy to take things for granted. Now that I am facing a 40 hour work week, spending my nights and weekends studying for class, and volunteering as an EMT every other moment in between, it's easy to ask God to take a backseat. Especially when your life used to look like weekly times of worship and intercession, bonding as a community of believers, helping a YWAM base administratively, and planning and leading outreaches full time. All that to say, it's been a bit of a slap in the face as far as transition goes. 

I know all things are in seasons, and this season won't last forever, but God has been challenging me to live life in the moment and not five years down the road. Because my days are numbered and I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I can choose to be His hands and feet today. 

I know this isn't my usual lengthy post, but I've only begin to really let myself process. So this is all I have for now. My prayer for myself and for you, is that we could make a difference in someone's life today, whether big or small. But that love would prevail, because in the end, love is what saves us, and love is all that really matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment